Video is not just a medium of entertainment. It is also a powerful tool of communication, persuasion, and education. Video is the king of content in digital marketing, and here are some of the reasons why:
Capturing Attention and Emotion
Video is a visual and auditory medium that can capture the attention and emotion of the viewers. According to a study by Microsoft, the average human attention span has dropped from 12 seconds in 2000 to 8 seconds in 2013. This means that you have only a few seconds to grab the attention of your potential customers and make them interested in your message.
Video can help you do that by using compelling images, sounds, and stories that appeal to the senses and emotions of the viewers. Video can also convey complex or abstract concepts in a simple and engaging way, making it easier for the viewers to understand and remember your message.
Boosting Engagement and Conversion
Video is not only a passive medium that delivers information. It is also an interactive medium that invites participation and action. Video can boost engagement and conversion by using various techniques, such as:
- Asking questions or polls to encourage feedback and discussion
- Adding captions or subtitles to increase accessibility and comprehension
- Using call-to-action buttons or links to direct viewers to your website or landing page
- Offering incentives or rewards to motivate viewers to take action
According to a report by Wyzowl, 84% of video marketers say that video has helped them generate leads, 78% say that video has helped them increase sales, and 80% say that video has increased dwell time on their website.
Enhancing SEO and Social Media Presence
Video is not only a standalone content that you can upload on your website or app. It is also a content that you can optimize and distribute across various platforms and channels. Video can enhance your SEO and social media presence by using various strategies, such as:
- Optimizing your video title, description, tags, and thumbnail to include relevant keywords and phrases
- Embedding your video on your website or blog to increase dwell time and reduce bounce rate
- Sharing your video on social media platforms, such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok, etc., to increase reach and virality
- Encouraging your viewers to like, comment, share, or subscribe to your video to increase engagement and loyalty
According to a report by Cisco, video will account for 82% of all internet traffic by 2022. This means that if you want to rank higher on search engines and gain more followers on social media, you need to create and share more videos.
Many years ago, Chatter Creative started as a photo and video company. It remains the backbone of our business, and is a key component in almost all projects. Contact us today to learn more about how we can take your content to the next level!